ICT Support Officer
Donvale Christian College
Position: ICT Support Officer
Accountable to: ICT Operations Manager
Major Relationships: Head of Business Systems and ICT
Time Fraction & Duration: Full Time, 12 months fixed term contract with the possibility of ongoing.
Applicants are invited to provide a concise curriculum vitae including personal details, church involvement, career experience, academic attainments and address the duties and responsibilities listed in the Position Description. Three referees are required to be listed, including one church reference demonstrating an active faith.
Applications which will be received as advertised until Monday 29 April 2019 and should be marked ‘ICT SUPPORT OFFICER’ and sent via email to: email@example.com
Donvale Christian College:
Donvale Christian College is located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne having opened in 1975. The current enrolment is over 1300 students from Prep to Year 12 and the total number of employees is approximately 150.
Donvale Christian College is governed, as provided for in its Constitution, by the College Board. The Board are elected by the members of the College. The full range of Christian denominations is represented in the parent body of the College. There is no position on the Board elected or appointed by any single church community. The Board is totally elected by the membership of Donvale Christian College Ltd. The Principal is appointed by the Board and together they appoint staff.
Because members of the Donvale Christian College community come from many different Christian faith traditions, and to ensure a sense of harmony between home and School, the College has adopted a Statement of Faith based on a Christian worldview. All parents and Staff are specifically asked if their faith commitment is echoed in the words of this Statement of Faith and they are requested to indicate agreement when applying for the enrolment of their children or employment at the College.
Staff members are expected to actively support the Christian aims of the College. Membership of a Bible based worship community is one of the criteria that has to be satisfied to successfully gain employment.
The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children.
The core business of Donvale Christian College is to be a biblically directed learning community. Everyone and everything in this community serves this purpose. Each person in the College community has been gifted by God to make his or her contribution to the learning and teaching for which God has brought the College into being.
The role supports the College by assisting the ICT department to provide efficient, customer focused service.
All staff are required to:
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission, objectives and philosophy. In particular, staff are expected to role model an active Christian faith that will be demonstrated in part by an active involvement in the wider Christian Church.
- Be Christian role models and examples to all people associated with the College.
- Participate in leading College devotions that involve staff and students and attendance at the staff retreat.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With a focus on customer service, perform the role of both ‘front of house support’ and ‘field response support’ to ensure that requests are responded to and resolved appropriately.
- Provide support for the College’s ICT services and systems. This includes:
- End user devices
- End user software
- Printers / MFP
- Peripherals / equipment
- Level one network issues
- ICT managed services & systems which support the teaching, learning or business operations of the College
- Other issues raised through tickets, incidents and service request as required.
- Escalate to other members of the support team, System Administrators or ICT Operations Manager if required.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to staff and students.
- Maintain technical documentation and record keeping.
- Operate within the policies and defined business processes of the College.
- Provide assistance to team members if required.
- Undertake other key responsibilities, projects or activities as directed by the ICT Operations Manager.
- Provide updates to the ICT Operations Manager as required.
Key Performance Criteria:
- Maintain a customer service focus
- Perform the College’s Service Desk function
- Support for the college’s ICT infrastructure
- Undertake tasks and projects delegated by the ICT Operations Manager
- Maintain technical documentation and record keeping
- Provision of weekly updates to the ICT Operations Manager
- Entry level industry certifications
- IT Service Delivery experience
- Technical support experience
- Customer support experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good client and operating system skills
- Good Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Methodical approach to technical issue identification and resolution
All staff are expected to:
- Support the College’s guidelines and policies.
- Implement the programs, teaching practices and other activities as decided by the College.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects and responds to continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of their team/s in order to meet organisational objectives. This includes demonstrating appropriate and professional workplace behaviours, providing assistance to team members if required and undertaking other key responsibilities or activities as directed by one’s supervisor.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s zero tolerance for child abuse and in accordance with the College’s Child Safety policies.
- Familiarise themselves and comply with the relevant College policies including Occupational Health and Safety.
29 April 2019 12:00 am
03 9844 2471