St Philips Christian College DALE
St Philip’s Christian College DALE seeks a well-qualified and experienced Secondary teacher with special education qualifications and/or experience with teaching students with social/emotional needs. This position requires the successful applicant to teach across a range of senior secondary subjects. The position is based at our Waratah campus.
At St Philip’s Christian College DALE we value staff who are innovative, love working with students with complex needs and who support our core values: Christ first; Do what is right; Serve one another; Strive for excellence and Build community. The DALE Waratah campus operates on a ‘stretched’ middle school philosophy to educate our students who have emotional, social or intellectual needs and see this environment as the ideal educational setting to meet their needs. If this sounds like the teaching environment for you and you want to join a dynamic team who are changing lives by inspiring young people, you are invited to apply.
Teachers at St Philip’s Christian College DALE are to support the College’s mission and vision of quality Christian education. Teachers therefore will have a Christian commitment and teaching skills of a high order.
Aims of St Philip’s Christian College DALE:
· To provide a program that will enable students to continue their education in an environment that is both flexible and supportive of their particular needs. The School aims to maximise their employment and educational opportunities and enhance their life skills within a Christian community.
· To support students in all areas of their lives, enabling them to discover their God purpose through pursuit of their educational and employment aspirations.
· Proven ability to engage students in the learning process
· Skills, experience or capacity in teaching a range of subject areas
· Proven successful experience teaching students with emotional, social and intellectual disabilities and/or Special Education qualifications either through pre-service or post graduate qualifications
· An understanding of the development of social/emotional skills as part of the educative process
· A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
· An understanding of the vision and nature of Christian education
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Personal relationship with God
· Follower of Jesus Christ
· Good communication and team skills
· High level organisational skills
· Excellent time-management skills
· Professional presentation and a pleasant manner
Please complete the Teaching Application & Employment Collection Notice found on our website https://www.spcc.nsw.edu.au/dale under the Employment tab and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 26th March 2019.
We strongly encourage applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage to apply.
If you have any questions please call 4949 2929.
29 April 2019 12:00 am
(02) 4949 2929
26 March 2019 12:00 am