Learning Support Assistant
Chairo Christian School
Large multi-campus Christian school
Chairo Christian School is a growing non-denominational Christian school, with over 1,700 Kindergarten to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are seeking the services of a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join the learning support team at our Drouin Campus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a caring Christian environment and provide important assistance to the students and teaching staff in delivering high quality care and Christian education to students requiring support for their specific learning needs.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- liaising with subject teachers about students and curriculum requirements;
- providing assistance to students with special needs in a classroom setting, and also in private study and exam or testing situations as required;
- maintaining appropriate records with regard to learning support activities and programs;
- attending camps and excursions with students if required;
- preparing resources to support student learning;
- providing general support to a teacher in the classroom; and
- providing feedback to the classroom teacher with regard to a student’s academic and social progress.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Articles of Faith
- Qualifications in education support (preferred)
- Ability to provide support in secondary school (desirable)
- Experience working with children requiring academic, social or emotional support (desirable)
- Experience working with children with significant learning needs (desirable)
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer literacy skills
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers.
23 April 2019 12:00 am
03 5625 4600
28 March 2019 12:00 am