Assistant Business Manager - HR/Finance
Chairo Christian School
Large multi-campus Christian school
Chairo Christian School is a growing non-denominational Christian school, with over 1,700 Kindergarten to Year 12 students attending five campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint an Assistant Business Manager – HR/ Finance to be based predominantly at our Drouin and/or Pakenham campuses but working across all five campuses. This is an exciting opportunity to provide support to the Business Manager in executing the school’s human resources strategy.
The successful candidate will also work collaboratively with the school’s payroll and finance department in managing staffing budgets and related payroll and accounting activities. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the attraction and recruitment of new staff members, ensuring that effective and efficient recruitment and selection practices are in place and adhered to
- Ensuring that sound guidance, support and advice are provided to management and staff members alike regarding all employment queries, including dealing with and resolving employee grievances and policy interpretation
- Liaising with employer and employee organisations, industry groups and peers in order to keep abreast of current human resources issues, trends and regulative changes
- Working in conjunction with the Business Manager and Finance Manager in the development of workforce plans and staff-related budgets
- Undertaking HR, payroll or finance related projects as may be required by the Business Manager from time-to-time.
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources (HRM), Business or Finance, and having experience in a similar or HR generalist/finance role, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Articles of Faith
- Sound knowledge of HR management principles, practices and current trends
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate others and resolve problems
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, payroll processing and financial procedures/practices
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Articles of Faith.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers by Sunday 24 March.
23 April 2019 12:00 am
03 5625 4600
24 March 2019 12:00 am