Face to face workshop: Yes (6hrs)
Online course: Coming soon (4hrs)
This workshop/course explores the role of assessment in deeper, transformative learning and explores what types of assessments should be used in the Christian classrooms.
This workshop/course explores the role of assessment in deeper, transformative learning. What are the types of assessment used in classrooms? How can they all be used for learning rather than to simply measure learning? When does assessment become feedback and how is feedback most effectively given? How can assessment be redeemed? How is assessment impacted by the gospel of the Lord Jesus.
Participants will be able to:
- appreciate the need for assessment to be for learning more than of learning
- understand the place of summative and formation assessment
- state ways in which summative assessment can (and must) also be formative
- accept the limitations of external summative assessment while seeking to redeem its impact
- appreciate the place of feedback to facilitate learning
- discuss the difference between feedback and praise
- explain the best conditions for effective feedback
- develop strategies to engage peer to peer constructive feedback
- discuss current research on effectiveness of grades
- articulate a Christian perspective on the place of assessment in the learning process.
Target audience: Teachers and teacher's aids
Addressed standards: 1.5, 2.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.5
ENROL NOW Individual enrolment for an online course
ENROL NOW Group enrolment for a workshop or online course
BOOK NOW Book a presenter for your school for the face to face workshop