Chairo Christian School VIC
Large multi-campus Christian school
Executive leadership position
Chairo Christian School is a growing non-denominational Christian school, with 1,500 Kinder to Year 12 students attending four picturesque campuses in Gippsland and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne. From January 2018, a fifth campus, in the Latrobe Valley, will commence.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Business Manager to commence in July 2018.Reporting to the School Board and Executive Principal, the Business Manager will also be a non-voting member of the Board. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the overall management of the school’s financial, property, administrative and business-related matters.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide both strategic and operational leadership to a large multi-campus Christian school. The position is also well-complimented by a number of supporting management personnel in areas such as Finance, ICT, Policy, Compliance, Property, Human Resources, Marketing and Administration.
Some other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that a God-honouring culture is maintained among staff members
- Ensuring appropriate accounting and other finance-related strategies, policies, procedures and controls are maintained in order to provide ongoing financial management in accordance with the Board’s expectations
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, providing oversight and advice with regard to all staffing and HR-related matters
- Planning and overseeing all major capital works and other property-related projects aimed at continually developing the school’s facilities
- In conjunction with the ICT Manager, determining strategies with regard to ICT hardware and software resourcing for the school
- Liaising with various regulatory authorities and applying for relevant government grants as may be required on an ongoing basis
- Overseeing the management of a range of general risk and compliance areas, which includes ensuring that proper practices are adopted and followed by staff members.
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in business and/or finance, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics and competencies:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Articles of Faith
- Proven track record in business leadership and administration at both a strategic and operational level (preferably within an independent school)
- Ability to lead and manage staff members by role modelling a Christ-centred lifestyle
- Ability to build strong relationships and communication channels at all levels within the organisation
- Experience in risk, property and compliance management
- Strong understanding of good governance practices and reporting requirements to the Board, Association, external authorities or government agencies
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Articles of Faith.
The safety, well-being and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers . Any enquiries about this position can be directed to the Executive Principal on (03) 5625 4600.
16 July 2018 12:00 am
03 5625 4600
25 October 2017 12:00 am