VCE Visual Communication Design Teacher
Donvale Christian College VIC
Applicants are invited to provide a concise curriculum vitae including personal details, church involvement, career experience, academic attainments and addressing the criteria listed in the Position Description at the conclusion of this document. Three referees are required to be listed, – included in the three is to be one church reference demonstrating an active faith.
Applications will be received as advertised until Wednesday 25 October 2017 and should be marked ‘2018 VCE Visual Communication Design Teacher and sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donvale Christian College:
Donvale Christian College is located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne having opened in 1975. The current enrolment is over 1250 students from Prep to Year 12 and the total number of employees is approximately 150.
Donvale Christian College is governed, as provided for in its Constitution, by the College Board. The Board are elected by the members of the College. The full range of Christian denominations is represented in the parent body of the College. There is no position on the Board elected or appointed by any single church community. The Board is totally elected by the membership of Donvale Christian College Ltd. The Executive Principal is appointed by the Board and together they appoint staff.
Because members of the Donvale Christian College community come from many different Christian faith traditions, and to ensure a sense of harmony between home and School, the College has adopted a Statement of Faith based on a Christian worldview. All parents and Staff are specifically asked if their faith commitment is echoed in the words of this Statement of Faith and they are requested to indicate agreement when applying for the enrolment of their children or employment at the College.
Staff members are expected to actively support the Christian aims of the College. Membership of a Bible based worship community is one of the criteria that has to be satisfied to successfully gain employment.
The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children.
Position: VCE Visual Communication Design Teacher
· Design and/or Digital Technologies may be an advantage.
Accountable to: Head of Secondary
Commencing in 1975, DCC is an ecumenical, non-denominational co-educational school which is located in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne. It currently has over 1250 students from Prep to Year 12. The College was commenced to serve Christian families by providing a biblically directed, Christ-centred education. Each person in the College community has been gifted by God to make his or her contribution to the learning and teaching for which God has brought the College into being.
All staff are expected to perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission, objectives and philosophy.
The Secondary Teacher is responsible for the implementation of learning programs that reflects the mission of the College and is appropriate to the needs of the students.
- Responsible to the Executive Principal through the Head of Secondary
- Liaise with Head of Secondary, Director of Teaching and Learning, Director of Christian Foundations, Year Level Co-ordinators, teachers and College staff.
- Plan and deliver teaching of Biblical perspectives integrated in each subject area, taking daily home group.
- An ability to work with others within the faculty at developing Christian perspectives within the curriculum.
- A deep understanding of current teaching and learning practices in the subject area at secondary level.
- An ability to design appropriate learning activities and assessment tasks at Years 7 to 12.
- Plan and implement an educational program that caters for the learning styles and academic needs of individual students. Maintain records that provide tangible evidence of thorough planning.
- A keen interest in working with the learning technologies available within an ICT environment to enhance student learning.
- Familiarity with the VCAA requirements at VCE level for the specific subject area.
- An interest in working with students of varying ability levels.
· Creating flexible environments that support learning, enabling students to gain knowledge, reflect, engage, discover and explore.
- Prepare teaching aids and student resources.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records on the College central assessment database that evaluate the progress of students.
- Communicate and liaise with parents: Report to parents through written reports at the end of each semester, interviews and other informal means.
- Design curriculum and prepare learning experiences which nurture the development and growth of students within the subject area.
Pastoral Care, Child Safety, Discipline and Classroom Organisation
- Sustain an environment of Christian care and support based on Biblical principles taking daily devotions.
- Ensure that the classroom is a place where all class members are respected and where students feel safe.
- Maintain a classroom that is physically and emotionally safe.
- Commitment to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children.
- Ensure that the classroom is an academically and visually stimulating place to learn.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with students.
- Establish and reinforce appropriate codes of behaviour.
- Communicate with Year Level Coordinators and Faculty Coordinators.
- Complete assigned yard duty and car park duty as rostered.
- Prepare for and attend Parent/Teacher nights as designated.
- Prepare for and attend Parent Information Evenings as required.
- Prepare for and attend weekly Staff meetings and other team meetings.
- Prepare for and attend any meetings called by the Head of Secondary or Year Level Coordinators.
- Prepare for and attend special events designated by the College, some examples are Open Day, Annual concerts, Sporting Programs and Thanksgiving service.
- Participate on committees as required.
- Attend and support staff devotions and lead devotions in staff meetings as rostered.
- Carry out staff room duty as rostered.
- Attend Board/Staff functions as arranged.
Personal and Professional Development
- Nurture personal faith development and spiritual growth.
- Pray for students.
- Participate in annual Appraisal and Professional Development program.
- Update and supplement teaching qualification with reading and professional development courses or conferences annually.
- A willingness to participate in professional development activities, and to share skills with others in your team.
- Possible Leadership opportunity.
All staff are expected to:
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission, objectives and philosophy. In particular, staff are expected to role model an active Christian faith that will be demonstrated in part by an active involvement in the wider Christian Church.
- Be Christian role models and examples to all people associated with the College.
- Participate in leading College devotions that involve staff and/or students.
- Attend staff retreat and all College-organised professional learning activities.
- Support the College’s guidelines and policies.
- Implement the programs, teaching practices and other activities as decided by the College.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects and responds to continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of their team\s in order to meet organisational objectives. This includes demonstrating appropriate and professional workplace behaviours, providing assistance to team members if required and undertaking other key responsibilities or activities as directed by one’s supervisor.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s zero tolerance for child abuse and in accordance with the College’s Child Safety policies.
- Comply with all College policies including Occupational Health and Safety.
Position Requirements: Knowledge and Experience
· Tertiary qualification in Education
· Registration as a qualified educator (VIT)
· First Aid certificate (level 2)
· Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
· A proven record of implementing education programs
· Highly developed interpersonal skills
· Highly developed Information Communication and Technology skills
- According to Donvale Christian College’s salary scale; this is based on qualifications and experience.
Applications to include:
- Applications will be considered when received before the closing date of Wednesday 25 October 2017and should be marked ‘2018 VCE Visual Communication Design Teacher’ and sent via email to: email@example.com
- Including a covering letter.
- Provide a concise curriculum vitae including personal details, church involvement, career experience and academic attainments.
- Three referees are required to be listed – included in the three is to be one church reference demonstrating an active faith.
- Professional teaching reflection addressing the following areas:
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission.
- Understanding and passion to teach with Biblical perspectives.
- Reflections on a contemporary learning environment and how to allow for effective teaching and learning.
- Pastoral heart for student welfare, community connectivity and parent partnership.
List evidence of personal ICT skills relevant to the position.
24 January 2018 12:00 am
Jennifer van Garderen
03 9844 2471
25 October 2017 12:00 am