Chairo Christian School VIC
Large multi-campus Christian school
Part-time position (approximately 0.6–0.8 FTE)
Up to six-month maternity leave replacement position
Chairo Christian School is a growing non-denominational Christian school, with 1,500 Kinder to Year 12 students attending four picturesque campuses in Gippsland and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne. Chairo’s mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, Chairo aims to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
Chairo wishes to appoint a Receptionist/Administrator at its Drouin campuses. This person will assist in attending to all aspects of a front office reception as well as providing support for a range of general office administration tasks. The successful candidate will contribute to ensuring that all visitors are welcomed in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
General administrative duties will include tasks such as:
- Professionally managing incoming telephone calls;
- Dealing with visitor, parent, student and staff queries and requests;
- Attending to the receipt and distribution of mail (internal and external);
- Assisting with providing first aid for students when required; and
- Providing assistance with special events (e.g. parent/teacher interviews, open days).
Having obtained relevant experience in office administration, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Articles of Faith
- Qualifications in office administration (desirable)
- Friendly and professional demeanour
- Excellent people and communication skills
- High standard of computer literacy including MS Word and Excel
- Ability to provide satisfactory Police and Working with Children checks
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking, including Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers.
04 September 2017 12:00 am
Justin Groenewaldt, HR Manager
03 5625 4600
25 July 2017 12:00 am