Secondary Administration Assistant/Receptionist
Donvale Christian College VIC
Donvale Christian College is located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne having opened in 1975. The current enrolment is over 1250 students from Prep to Year 12 and the total number of employees is approximately 150.
Donvale Christian College is governed, as provided for in its Constitution, by the College Board. The Board are elected by the members of the College. The full range of Christian denominations is represented in the parent body of the College. There is no position on the Board elected or appointed by any single church community. The Board is totally elected by the membership of Donvale Christian College Ltd. The Principal is appointed by the Board and together they appoint staff.
Because members of the Donvale Christian College community come from many different Christian faith traditions, and to ensure a sense of harmony between home and School, the College has adopted a Statement of Faith based on a Christian worldview. All parents and Staff are specifically asked if their faith commitment is echoed in the words of this Statement of Faith and they are requested to indicate agreement when applying for the enrolment of their children or employment at the College.
Staff members are expected to actively support the Christian aims of the College. Membership of a Bible based worship community is one of the criteria that has to be satisfied to successfully gain employment.
The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children.
Accountable to: PA to the Assistant Principals - Secondary
Assistant Principals - Secondary
Major Relationships: Office Manager
Secondary Leadership Team
Time Fraction: Full time 8:00am – 4:00pm (Teaching staff days)
Commencing in 1975, DCC is a non-denominational co-educational school which is located in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne. It currently has over 1250 students from Prep to Year 12. The College was commenced to serve Christian families by providing a biblically directed, Christ-centred education. Each person in the College community has been gifted by God to make his or her contribution to the learning and teaching for which God has brought the College into being.
This position supports the College by providing quality and efficient administration support to the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining an efficient, warm and welcoming atmosphere for students, parents and staff.
- Answering telephone enquiries, delivering messages, responding to queries from staff, students and parents.
- Managing calendar for Assistant Principals (Secondary), making appointments for parents/students/staff.
- Booking of all charter buses for secondary excursions, camps and sport and processing invoices for payment.
- Managing student detention database, keeping accurate records and liaising with Year Level Coordinators.
- Maintaining student lockers, billing and providing assistance where necessary.
- Data entry and support for year level camps.
- Assisting with student uniform compliance.
- Managing parent communication through mail merge processes.
- Monitoring office supplies, staff room supplies and catering.
- Assisting CRT staff.
- Entry of VCE information and internal results into VASS as required.
- Collation of handout folders for Information nights, etc.
- Managing receipt of various forms and reply slips from students.
- Operate within the policies and defined business processes of the College.
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the PA to Assistant Principals – Secondary.
- Demonstrate good proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and Outlook (including mail merge functions and data manipulation).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Good time management skills to effectively prioritise workload and conduct forward planning.
- Eye for detail and presentation.
- Problem solving skills and demonstrate initiative.
- Maintain discretion with confidential and sensitive material.
- Previous experience in administration/reception is preferred
- Experience within the Educational sector would be highly desirable
- Experience with school management programs or timetabling programs would be desirable
- Working with Children Check is essential
All staff are expected to:
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission, objectives and philosophy. In particular, staff are expected to role model an active Christian faith that will be demonstrated in part by an active involvement in the wider Christian Church.
- Be Christian role models and examples to all people associated with the College.
- Participate in leading College devotions that involve staff and students and attendance at the staff retreat.
- Support the College’s guidelines and policies.
- Implement the programs, teaching practices and other activities as decided by the College.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects and responds to continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of their team\s in order to meet organisational objectives. This includes demonstrating appropriate and professional workplace behaviours, providing assistance to team members if required and undertaking other key responsibilities or activities as directed by one’s supervisor.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s zero tolerance for child abuse and in accordance with the College’s Child Safety policies.
- Familiarise themselves and comply with the relevant College policies including Occupational Health and Safety.
Applications to include:
- Note applications will be considered when received and interviews may take place before the closing date of Monday 24 July 2017.
To be addressed to:
CONFIDENTIAL: Jennifer van Garderen
Assistant Business Manager
155 Tindals Road
or via email on
- Including a covering letter.
- Provide a concise curriculum vitae including personal details, church involvement, career experience and academic attainments.
- Three referees are required to be listed, – included in the three is to be one church reference demonstrating an active faith.
25 July 2017 12:00 am
Jennifer van Garderen
03 9844 2471 ext 384
|Donvale Secondary Administration Assistant Receptionist.pdf|