Literacy Support Teacher
DALE Christian School NSW
DALE Christian School seeks a well-qualified and experienced primary teacher to provide literacy support across our Years 5-10 campus 2 days a week. In 2018 our school will expand to include Years 3 -11.
DALE Christian School is a Christian School where students with emotional, social and intellectual disabilities attend. We value staff who are innovative, love working with students with complex needs and who support our core values: Christ first; Do what is right; Serve one another; Strive for excellence and Build community. If this sounds like you and you want to join our team who are changing lives by inspiring young people, you are invited to apply.
Teachers at St Philip’s Christian College are to assist students in fulfilling the College’s mission and vision statement that includes the goal of quality Christian education. Teachers therefore require Christian relationship and organisational characteristics of a high order.
Aims of D.A.L.E. Christian School
- To provide a program that will enable students to continue their education in an environment that is both flexible and supportive of their particular needs. The Program aims to maximise their employment and educational opportunities and enhance their life skills within Christian community.
- To support them in all areas of their lives, enabling them to discover their God purpose through pursuit of their educational and employment aspirations.
- Proven ability to engage students in the learning process
- Skills and experience in teaching literacy and engaging students inlearning through doing
- Ability and willingness to upskill teachers in embedding literacy across curriculum
- See education as part of a bigger case management plan
- A willingness to pursue courses that would increase competence
- An understanding of the vision and nature of Christian education
- Excellent time-management and organisation skills
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Member of a local church
· Good communication and team skills
· Good organisational skills
· Good presentation and a pleasant manner
The successful applicant will be responsible for upskilling staff and delivering a structured program catering to the diverse range of our current students.
Please complete the Teaching Application & Employment Collection Notice found on our website www.spcc.nsw.edu.au under the Employment tab and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 23rd May.
We strongly encourage applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage to apply.
If you have any questions please call 4949 2929
30 May 2017 12:00 am
02 4949 2929
23 May 2017 12:00 am